Happy new year or whatever!
As I usually do, I'm gonna have a look through my old journals and list the highlights of the year for me:
• I became a political activist for a few months, and went to some anti ACTA protests! Not many people showed up in Scotland though. I've kinda lost interest in all of that stuff now, since I'm not a student anymore.
• Went to see Dropkick Murphys. I should go to more gigs.
• Got interested in upcoming technologies like 3D printing, synthetic biology, Mars missions etc, and the idea of a technological Singularity. Still reading a lot of popular science books.
• Some notable games I've played this year: Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Zelda: Spirit Tracks, Zelda: Minish Cap, Rayman Origins, Fez, Dodonpachi Resurrection, Torchlight, Titan Quest, Kirby: Knightmare in Dreamland, Magicka, World of Goo, Binding of Isaac, Terraria, a ton of Minecraft, and probably a bunch of others which I forgot.
• Graduated from University with an Honors in Computing Science! My final year was easy because I did a Flash game for my final project, and put a lot of effort into picking the easiest subjects.
• Got a bit of a social life. Starting going to pubs often and occasionally to clubs too. Went to my first Ceilidh. Learned to suit up. Trimmed my hair. Still a lot to learn though!
• Started going to technology and business events. They have free food and are sometimes quite educational.
• Got a nice new bedroom/office, and spent a while setting up new furniture. Got a leet new computer and borrowed my brother's TV for a while. My room is actually amazing now.
• Started hosting a lot of gaming parties, mostly for Minecraft and Terraria.
• Parent's house-extension was somewhat finished! And now there's a lot more space for everyone! The place is still a mess though. Still not sure if it's worth moving out or not.
• Learned more about taxes. Had some issues with the IRS. Definitely the worst thing about being an adult.
• Started farming Chili Peppers and some other fruit. Results are still unknown.
• Started getting regular exercise and made some attempt at eating healthier.
• Spent ages working on Epic Battle Fantasy 4, and it's still not finished!
• Learnt the basics of cooking! Like how to cook bacon and eggs. That's about it. I really need to learn more survival skills.
• Took a brief trip to Poland, but otherwise didn't go on any Holidays. That needs to change in 2013.
• My grandmother died and I got to go to my first funeral ever! It wasn't fun.
• Went to see The Hobbit! It's rare for me to care about a movie enough to actually go see it in the cinema.
Anyway, "Finished EBF4 and got mega rich!" should be on there too, but it's taking longer than I thought it would. I never released any games in 2012, how boring.